What is Modum Crypto Currency?A brief description of Modum.
modum.io combines IoT sensors with blockchain technology to provide data integrity for transactions of physical products, streamlining supply chain processes in many sectors.
The purpose of Modum
modum.io offers an alternative supply-chain solution, ensuring GDP compliance and auditability by using blockchain and IoT technology. modum’s passive temperature-monitoring strategy offers significant cost savings over the active-cooling methods currently used.
modum.io sensor devices record environmental conditions while physical products are in transit. When a change in ownership occurs, the collected data is checked against a specific smart contract in the blockchain. This contract validates that the transaction meets all of the standards set out by the sender, their clients, or the regulator and triggers various actions: notifications to sender and receiver, release of goods, payment, etc.
More information can be found in the Modum whitepaper https://modum.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/modum-whitepaper-v.-1.0.pdf
Other Modum facts
- Trading symbol: MOD
- Governance: Centralized > Hierarchical
- Open source: No
- Product status: Prototype / MVP
- Consensus method: Ethereum consensus (currently proof of work, will be proof of stake later on)
- Emmission rate: No new tokens created
- Transactions per second: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Total Supply: 27266200
- Release date: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
Usefull Modum links
- Modum’s Website
- Modum pricing data & fundamental Modum information
- Modum’s Website
- Modum official blog
- Modum’s Reddit Forum
- Modum’s block explorer
- Modum’s Alexa site stats
- Modum’s official forum: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Modum’s Github code repository:
- Modum’s roadmap:
- Modum’s team page: https://modum.io/companycareers/
- Modum’s whitepaper: https://modum.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/modum-whitepaper-v.-1.0.pdf