What is SALT Crypto Currency?A brief description of SALT.
SALT lets you leverage your blockchain assets to secure cash loans. We make it easy to get money without having to sell your favorite investment.
The purpose of SALT
Monetizing assets already in posesion.
SALT is a membership based lending and borrowing network that allows users to leverage their blockchain assets to secure cash loans. Our Secured Automated Lending Technology is a protocol and asset agnostic architecture designed to adapt to the constantly growing class of blockchain assets. The system is designed such that, if you have an asset you want to hold on to, you can borrow the asset you want to spend, regardless of credit history or geographic constraints. The SALT Platform is automated, efficient, and cryptographically secure. It offers a compelling solution to the problem many consumers face when they need or want cash to make a purchase, but do not wish to liquidate their assets. Instead of selling, SALT enables the members of the SALT Lending Platform (Members) to leverage the value of certain digital assets, thereby giving them access to cash, offsetting tax events, avoiding exchange fees and maintaining their long position in the asset they hold. SALT is a lending platform specifically designed for blockchain assets; operating as a second layer protocol which sits atop any public or permissioned blockchain, allowing the underlying asset to be used as collateral for access to credit
More information can be found in the SALT whitepaper https://membership.saltlending.com/files/abstract.pdf
Other SALT facts
- Trading symbol: SALT
- Governance: Centralized > Hierarchical
- Open source: No
- Product status: Fully working product
- Consensus method: Ethereum consensus (currently proof of work, will be proof of stake later on)
- Emmission rate: No new tokens created
- Transactions per second: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Total Supply: 120,000,000
- Release date: 2017-03-00
Usefull SALT links
- SALT’s Website
- SALT pricing data & fundamental SALT information
- SALT’s Website
- SALT official blog
- SALT’s Bitcointalk Forum
- SALT’s Reddit Forum
- SALT’s block explorer
- SALT’s Alexa site stats
- SALT’s official forum: N/A
- SALT’s Github code repository:
Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- SALT’s roadmap:
- SALT’s team page: https://www.saltlending.com/about
- SALT’s whitepaper: https://membership.saltlending.com/files/abstract.pdf