What is Status Crypto Currency?A brief description of Status.
Status is an open source messaging platform and mobile interface to interact with decentralized applications that run on the Ethereum Network.
The purpose of Status
Social media network on the blockchain, Browser, Private messaging, Access DAPPS from your mobile phone, No Sensorship
Status, the first ever mobile Ethereum client built entirely on peer-to-peer technologies. The messenger form-factor is chosen to make Ethereum feel as familiar as possible to the average smartphone user, while providing a flexible platform for DApp developers, aimed to maximise the amount of daily use of Ethereum’s public blockchain. The Status Network token is a modular utility token that fuels the Status network. This includes a Decentralized Push Notification Market, Governance of the Status client, Community Curation of content, along with social communication tools such as Tribute to Talk. We also propose a fiat-to-crypto ‘Teller Network’, DApp Directory, Sticker Market, and demonstrate our research on a User Acquisition Engine to grow the Network.
More information can be found in the Status whitepaper https://status.im/whitepaper.pdf
Other Status facts
- Trading symbol: SNT
- Governance: Centralized > Flat
- Open source: Yes
- Product status: Alpha version
- Consensus method: Proof of work
- Emmission rate: No new tokens created
- Transactions per second: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Total Supply: 6,804,870,174
- Release date: 2017-06-20
Usefull Status links
- Status’s Website
- Status pricing data & fundamental Status information
- Status’s Website
- Status official blog
- Status’s Bitcointalk Forum
- Status’s Reddit Forum
- Status’s block explorer
- Status’s Alexa site stats
- Status’s official forum: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Status’s Github code repository:
- Status’s roadmap:
- Status’s team page: https://status.im/whitepaper.pdf
- Status’s whitepaper: https://status.im/whitepaper.pdf