What is Stellar Crypto Currency?A brief description of Stellar.
Stellar.org connects people to low-cost financial services to fight poverty and develop individual potential.
The purpose of Stellar
Low cost Interbank money transfers, Fraud resistant, Easy tracable transfers. remmitances, micro payments, mobile money, mobile branches, Counterfeiting impossible, Fraud resistant, No % based transfer costs
Stellar is a decentralized protocol for sending and receiving money in any pair of currencies. This means users can, for example, send a transaction from their Yen balance and have it arrive in Euros, Yen, or even bitcoin. We’re expecting to support the usual categories of transactions: payments to a merchant, remittances back home, or rent splits with a roommate. You can hold a balance with a gateway, which is any network participant you trust to accept a deposit in exchange for credit on the network. Stellar also comes with a built-in digital currency, referred to as the stellar, which we’re giving away for free. The currency will have value (as determined by the market); however, its primary function is providing a conversion path between other currencies.
More information can be found in the Stellar whitepaper https://www.stellar.org/papers/stellar-consensus-protocol.pdf
Other Stellar facts
- Trading symbol: XLM
- Governance: Centralized > Hierarchical
- Open source: Yes
- Product status: Fully working product
- Consensus method: Proof of Work & Proof of Stake
- Emmission rate: nominal inflation mechanism
- Transactions per second: 4
- Total Supply: 103,629,819,514
- Release date: 2013-07-19
Usefull Stellar links
- Stellar’s Website
- Stellar pricing data & fundamental Stellar information
- Stellar’s Website
- Stellar official blog
- Stellar’s Bitcointalk Forum
- Stellar’s Reddit Forum
- Stellar’s block explorer
- Stellar’s Alexa site stats
- Stellar’s official forum: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Stellar’s Github code repository:
- Stellar’s roadmap:
- Stellar’s team page: https://www.stellar.org/about/
- Stellar’s whitepaper: https://www.stellar.org/papers/stellar-consensus-protocol.pdf