What is MaidSafeCoin Crypto Currency?A brief description of MaidSafeCoin.
Safecoin is a digital token. It can be thought of as the oil in the engine of the SAFE Network, a built in way of ensuring that all users of the network are compensated for the value they provide. Let’s ﬁnd out how it works.
The purpose of MaidSafeCoin
Self-Encryption, Login information only owner by you, logging into services without accessing a third party, Distributed network, Opportunistic Caching automatically creates more copies of popular data closer to where it is being requested, Data redundancy, no single point of failure
MaidSafe’s aim is to provide privacy, security and freedom to everyone on the planet. This has been our unwavering ambition since we started on this journey in 2006, and it remains our driving force today.
Safecoins are given as an incentive to users for providing their resource to the network. This resource is their: storage space, CPU, bandwidth and online time that enable the encrypted chunks of network data to be stored and retrieved from their computer. The process of providing resource and receiving safecoin in return is called ‘Farming’. Each piece of encrypted network data is stored in a Farmer’s ‘Vault’, a data storage and management location on the Farmer’s computer which they cannot read, or access. The SAFE network is designed to self-manage these resources.
Online data has become so insecure and data thefts so commonplace that our trust in companies securing our data is almost entirely eroded. An estimated 1.1 billion personal and sensitive records were stolen during 2014 with 8 incidents reported every single day. A new way of managing data is required, and MaidSafe combines several features that we believe provide a level of security not possible using existing methods.
Data security not only allows us to keep our credit card details safe, or our medical records secure, but only with security do we achieve privacy. Privacy is misunderstood by many. Too often people believe that demanding privacy is identical to protecting secrets, or hiding something that we shouldn’t be doing. Some would have us believe that, in some way, by not wanting to share everything with the world, we are involved in an unlawful act.
More information can be found in the MaidSafeCoin whitepaper https://github.com/maidsafe/Whitepapers/tree/gh-pages/pdf
Other MaidSafeCoin facts
- Trading symbol: MAID
- Governance: Centralized > Flat
- Open source: Yes
- Product status: Alpha version
- Consensus method: Proof of resource
- Emmission rate: Unknown
- Transactions per second: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Total Supply: N/A
- Release date: 2016-08-12
Usefull MaidSafeCoin links
- MaidSafeCoin’s Website
- MaidSafeCoin pricing data & fundamental MaidSafeCoin information
- MaidSafeCoin’s Website
- MaidSafeCoin official blog
- MaidSafeCoin’s Bitcointalk Forum
- MaidSafeCoin’s Reddit Forum
- MaidSafeCoin’s block explorer
- MaidSafeCoin’s Alexa site stats
- MaidSafeCoin’s official forum: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- MaidSafeCoin’s Github code repository:
- MaidSafeCoin’s roadmap:
- MaidSafeCoin’s team page: https://maidsafe.net/company.html
- MaidSafeCoin’s whitepaper: https://github.com/maidsafe/Whitepapers/tree/gh-pages/pdf