What is Steem Crypto Currency?A brief description of Steem.
Steem is an experiment designed to address challenges in the cryptocurrency and social media industries by combining the best aspects from both. Steem presents earning opportunities to content creators and internet readers in ways that have not existed within the social media industry. Within Steem, individuals earn real rewards online that are directly correlated to their contributions. Those rewards will have dollar value due to the market price discovery and liquidity of Steem, and the people who hold Steem will have more exclusive earning powers than those who do not.
The purpose of Steem
Social media network on the blockchain, Rewarding content, High scalability, Instant transactions, No Sensorship
Steem is a blockchain database that supports community building and social interaction with cryptocurrency rewards. Steem combines concepts from social media with lessons learned from building cryptocurrencies and their communities. An important key to inspiring participation in any community, currency or free market economy is a fair accounting system that consistently reflects each person’s contribution. Steem is the first cryptocurrency that attempts to accurately and transparently reward an unbounded number of individuals who make subjective contributions to its community.
More information can be found in the Steem whitepaper https://steem.io/#whitepaper
Other Steem facts
- Trading symbol: STEEM
- Governance: Centralized > Hierarchical
- Open source: Yes
- Product status: Beta version
- Consensus method: Delegated Proof of Stake
- Emmission rate: No new tokens created
- Transactions per second: n/a
- Total Supply: 264,484,825
- Release date: 2016-07-04
Usefull Steem links
- Steem’s Website
- Steem pricing data & fundamental Steem information
- Steem’s Website
- Steem official blog
- Steem’s Bitcointalk Forum
- Steem’s Reddit Forum
- Steem’s block explorer
- Steem’s Alexa site stats
- Steem’s official forum: Unfortunately we don’t have this data available.
- Steem’s Github code repository:
- Steem’s roadmap:
- Steem’s team page: n/a
- Steem’s whitepaper: https://steem.io/#whitepaper